What is G-cide and why should you be using it...
- A worldwide patented surfactant-modified glutaraldehyde patented by Ms A.P. Martin,
- A Gold medal winner at the 26th Congress of Inventors in Geneva in 1998,
- A linear configuration of glutaraldehyde, which ensures long-term stability and exceptional germicidal efficacy,
- Stabilised at near-neutral pH so corrosion and fumes are not a problem,
- Pre-activated, so no messy mixing required prior to use,
- Ready for dilution with water,
- Registered with the SABS as a Detergent disinfectant in terms of the Compulsory Registration of Disinfectants and Detergent Disinfectants, Government Gazette 19999 of 14 May 1999
- Registered with the SABS as a disinfectant / cleaner for medical instruments. SABS 1593
- Registered with the SABS as a general disinfectant / cleaner SABS 1615 & 1616
Why G-cide is good for your business:
- Fungicidal, including Aspergillus niger,
- Bactericidal, including Bacillus subtillus, Salmonella, Haemophillus spp., Clostridium spp.,
- Virucidal, including HIV, Hepatitis A, B & C, Herpes, Mastadeno,
- Sporicidal including Clostridium sporogenes,
- Very effective against slimes and moulds,
- Stable for 2 year minimum,
- Pre-stabilised, so no further messy and dangerous stabilisation on-site required,
- Non-corrosive to metals, plastics or skin. No more so than water!
- Available in concentrated quantities, allowing for easy dilution with water,
- Effective against solid organic waste
Why is G-cide better than other sanitizing solutions?
G-cide is a pH-neutral, stabilised-glutaraldehyde solution that was developed in South Africa and has been patented worldwide. The importance of this product lies in the fact that, until now, the chemical most widely recognised around the world for killing bacteria, viruses, fungi, moulds and spores, namely glutaraldehyde (C5H8O2), was unusable because of its’ instability, volatility, corrosivity and needed to be activated (stabilised) in-situ.
With the development of G-cide, you can now have the most effective chemical in the world for killing bacteria, viruses, fungi, moulds and spores and it is user-friendly! No special chemical-breathing apparatus or clothing is required. G-cide is as chemically inert as water, which means that there is not the added burden of corrosion in the sanitisation process, unlike the chlorine- and peroxide-based sanitizers most commonly used today.
Now you can remove the organisms that cause illness in humans, safely and effectively, without costly downtime. The easy-to-use nature of G-cide products means that no specialised training is required for staff that will be using the product on a daily basis. The concentrated solutions are simply diluted prior to use, whenever and wherever required. In-line addition of G-cide products to washing pipelines ensures that routine cleaning operations now have the added advantage of being sanitised at the same time!
G-cide products operate optimally at room temperature so there is no requirement for heating with steam to sanitise your equipment, thereby saving you the cost of heating your water prior to use!